Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 4, 2020

The Missing Pieces

I'm unable to find the following, many of which I know are out there somewhere, and I'm dying to add them to my collection, even if only digitally:

  • The Land of 1,000,000 Years Ago
  • Thirty-One of the Classics
  • The Pit and the Pendulum
  • The Undead
  • Trigger Finger
  • The Star Invaders
  • Code Name: Mousetrap
  • The 43rd Dream
  • She Has Gone to Sleep While...
  • Woman with Child
  • The Killer
  • Dino
  • General
  • The Furnace
  • Mostly Old Men
Sorta weird to say this but literally everything else I have access to somewhere. Even a lot of older stuff that's hard to find.

I understand that some of these are probably impossible to find, and others like The Aftermath and Sword in the Darkness exist only in like one place and you need King's personal permission to read them. That's probably never going to happen for me, but I know that at least everything from The Star Invaders on down in that list is available somewhere to somebody.

Please let me know if you know where I can find these.

2 comments:

  1. Regarding "The Land of 1,000,000 Years Ago," "Thirty-One of the Classics," and "The Pit and the Pendulum," those are all lost as far as anyone seems to know.

    Regarding "The Undead" and "Trigger Finger," they were both mentioned in the 2014 update to Rocky Wood's "Uncollected, Unpublished." Both were stories which were advertised in a self-published flyer King did around the same time he wrote "The Pit and the Pendulum." Wood asked King about both, and King said he couldn't remember either, which did not surprise him given how long ago they were. This means that they may never actually have been put into the world at all; or if they were, they are almost certainly as lost of those others.

    Some of the others are gettable:

    "Dino" was reprinted in that same Rocky Wood book I just mentioned.
    "The Killer" was published in Famous Monsters of Filmland #202, Spring 1994. You can pick one up on eBay for about $25.

    "The General" is a segment of the "Cat's Eye" screenplay. It was published in an anthology called "Screamplays," which can also be found on eBay for about $25. Make sure you're going for the original version, not the limited edition from Cemetery Dance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that the full manuscript for The Star Invaders, Codename: Mousetrap and The 43rd Dream exist, but try as I might, I can't find them. Same with She Has Gone to Sleep While... and Woman with Child.

      Delete